Naomi Watanabe was born on October 23rd, 1987 in New Taipei, Taiwan. She is the only child of her parents. Naomi’s father is Japanese, and her mother is of Taiwanese descent. Naomi was born in Taipei and raised in Ibaraki. She is of Japanese and Taiwanese descent. Naomi had completed her primary education at a local private school in Ibaraki.
Naomi Watanabe (渡辺 直美) is a famous Japanese comedian, actress, and fashion designer. She is one of the most popular actresses and comedians who rose to fame in 2008 for her imitation of Beyoncé, after which she was given the title “the Japanese Beyoncé”. Naomi Watanabe is well known for her roles in films like Tug of War! (2012), R100 (2013), Sunny: Our Hearts Beat Together (2015), The Untold Tale of the Three Kingdoms (2020) and The Promised Neverland (2020). Naomi Watanabe is very cool and, being twice the size of an average Japanese woman her age, Watanabe uses her comedy and confidence to fight fat shaming and promote body positivity. With 8.9 million followers, she is Japan’s most followed Instagram account. She also launched the fashion line, Punyus.
Naomi Watanabe began her career as an actress. She began acting at the age of eighteen. Her mother was against acting and she pursued her career in acting. She began with the impersonations of popular artists in Japanese culture, among which her imitation of Beyoncé singing “Dreamgirls” and “Crazy in Love” quickly became popular. Later on, she appeared in a number of variety shows, like Waratte Iitomo! (2010–2014) and Saturday Night Live Japan (2011). She is a brand ambassador for makeup brand Shu Uemura and has collaborated on two collections, the latest in July 2019.
Naomi is a very talented actress. She has also launched her own fashion line called Punyus and played the roles of Mabel in the musical Fame and Tracy Turnblad in Hairspray. As of 2021, she is still single and unmarried. There is no information about his personal life.
|Famous as||the Japanese Beyoncé|
|Profession||Japanese Comedian, Actress, Fashion Designer.|
|Date of Birth||23 October 1987|
|Age (2021)||34 Years old|
|Birth Place||New Taipei, Taiwan|
|Hometown||United States, America as of March 2021|
|School||Local Private School|
Naomi Watanabe Career
Naomi Watanabe Variety shows
- In 2010-2014, Naomi Watanabe appeared in the show Waratte Iitomo!.
- In 2011, Naomi Watanabe appeared in the show Saturday Night Live Japan.
|2011||Saturday Night Live Japan|
Naomi Watanabe Film
- In 2012, Naomi Watanabe was seen in the film Tug of War!.
- Naomi Watanabe was cast in the 2013 film R100
- In 2018, Naomi appeared in the film Sunny: Our Hearts Beat Together.
- In 2020, she was seen in Japanese films The Untold Tale of the Three Kingdoms and The Promised Neverland.
|2012||Tug of War!|
|2018||Sunny: Our Hearts Beat Together|
|2020||The Untold Tale of the Three Kingdoms|
The Promised Neverland
Naomi Watanabe Television drama
- In 2011, Naomi was cast in the Television drama Deka Wanko and Yūsha Yoshihiko.
- In 2014, She was seen in A Time of Love.
- In 2016, She was in the cast of the Japanese Television drama The Hiddens.
- In 2020, Naomi was in the television drama Followers.
|2014||A Time of Love|
Naomi Watanabe Animation
|2013||Crayon Shin-chan: Very Tasty! B-class Gourmet Survival!!|
|2015||Chibi Maruko-chan: A Boy from Italy|
|2020||Doraemon: Nobita’s New Dinosaur|
|2021||Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Eternal: The Movie -Part 1&2-|
|2022||Deemo: Memorial Keys|
Naomi Watanabe Japanese dub
- In 2015, Naomi Watanabe was dubbed in the Japanese series Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb as Tilly.
- In 2016, Naomi Watanabe did the role of Dr. Abigail L. “Abby” Yates as Melissa McCarthy in Ghostbusters.
- In 2018, She played the dubbing role of Amy Schumer in I Feel Pretty.
|2015||Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb||Tilly||Rebel Wilson|
|2016||Ghostbusters||Dr. Abigail L. “Abby” Yates||Melissa McCarthy|
|2018||I Feel Pretty||Renee Bennett||Amy Schumer|
Naomi Watanabe Animation
- In 2016, Naomi Watanabe appeared in the Animation series Thomas & Friends: The Great Race in the role of Ashima.
- In 2017, Naomi played the role of Frida Kahlo in the Animation series Ccoc.
|2016||Thomas & Friends: The Great Race||Ashima|
Naomi Watanabe Family
Naomi Watanabe was born on October 23rd, 1987 in New Taipei, Taiwan. She is the only child to her parents, There is no information about Naomi Watanabe’s parents.
|Father Name||Name Not Known|
|Mother Name||Name Not Known|
Naomi Watanabe Relationship / Marital Status & Many More
Naomi Watanabe is a younger actress, As of 2021 she is single and unmarried, There is no information about his personal life.
|Affairs / Boyfriend||Single|
Naomi Watanabe Physical Stats
|Height||In Centimeter – 165 cm|
In Meter – 1.65 m
In feet & inches – 5’5
|Weight||In Kilogram- 120 Kg|
In Pounds – 1190 lbs
Naomi Watanabe Favourite
|Favourite Food||Chocolate & Cakes|
|Favourite Color||Red, White, Pink|
Naomi Watanabe Education
|Educational Qualification||High School Pass|
Naomi Watanabe’s Net Worth
|Net Worth||$ 2 Million Doller|
Naomi Watanabe Controversy
In April 2021, Tokyo 2020 creative director Hiroshi Sasaki was forced to resign after he suggested it would be appropriate to dress up Watanabe in a pig costume for the opening ceremony and call her “OlymPig”
Some Interviews With Naomi Watanabe
“I saw it and thought, ‘Oh, I might be curvy. Hahahahaha,’” she tells me through a translator. “It’s not that I love myself because I am fat. I just love who I am right now. Whatever body I have today, I like to embrace that. That’s my self love: Love yourself at whatever size you have today.”
“I’d love to make everyone laugh. Not just Japanese people,” she says.
“By the end of the year,” she says, “I want to learn to clap back at other people. In English.”
“When I make people laugh, it gives me joy. The feeling is something you can’t describe. It’s almost orgasmic,” she says.
“And you want to hear that from everyone?” I ask.
“Of course,” she says, in perfect English.
Some Unknown facts about Naomi Watanabe
- Naomi Watanabe (, Watanabe Naomi) is a Japanese comedian, actress, and fashion designer.
- She rose to fame in 2008 for her imitation of Beyoncé, after which she was given the title “the Japanese Beyoncé”.
- Naomi Watanabe has her own fashion line called Punyus (loosely translated to “chubby” in English).
- She is famous for playing the roles of Mabel in the musical Fame and Tracy Turnblad in the musical Hairspray.
- Her Instagram account is followed by 9.3 million as of March 18, 2021.
- She has her own YouTube channel titled “Naomi Club,” which has almost 1 million subscribers.
- She has recently been trending for uploading Lady Gaga’s “Rain on Me With Ariana Grande” Official Parody.
- Naomi is the voice behind the famous cartoon character Doraemon, who is part of a famous manga series written and illustrated by Fujiko F. Fujio.
- She did a voice makeover for Doramon’s 50th anniversary and 40th movie, “Eiga Doramon NObita NO Shin Kyoryu.”
- Naomi has appeared in various popular magazines. She was once featured in Vogue Japan.
- She loves the arts.
- She loves doing nail art.
- In March 2021 she announced her intention to move from Japan to the United States the next month.
- She has appeared in Us Weekly magazine.
- She loves to wear colorful outfits.
- Naomi was also featured on Vogue Japan’s Youtube channel.